• Center for Victims is the most comprehensive and inclusive provider of services, advocacy, and education for all victims of crime in Allegheny County, and in Pennsylvania.
• Center for Victims provides a myriad of free and confidential services to adult and child victims of domestic violence, rape/sexual assault, homicide or any other crime. We also provide assistance to individuals and families who have witnessed violence and crime. Services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Our services include: 24 hour crisis hotline, emergency domestic violence shelter and housing, crime victim and witness assistance (offender release notification, legal, medical and children’s advocacy, crisis intervention, therapeutic counseling/therapy, options counseling, emergency protection from abuse orders assistance, victim’s compensation assistance) as well as restorative justice and mediation programs.
• Center for Victims is the result of a 2012 merger between Center for Victims of Violence and Crime (CVVC) in Pittsburgh and Womansplace, Inc. in McKeesport. Both locations are still in operation and offer services to victims of crime. We have a combined 39 years of victim service experience.
• Center for Victims is one of the few agencies in Allegheny County equipped to respond immediately after an event of mass violence.
• Each year, we provide services to approximately 15,000 victims of crime. Our teen dating violence prevention program educates over 6,000 high school students in 8 local schools; 2 in the City of Pittsburgh.
• If our services were not available and the impact of violence and crime go unaddressed, victims remain traumatized resulting in long-term mental, emotional, physical and spiritual problems for individuals and communities. Unresolved trauma, grief and loss caused by violence and crime often are underlying causes of poor mental, physical, emotional and financial health.
Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community – Usually held in May at Stage AE, the Highmark Walk is a great way to enjoy a healthy morning walk with your friends and family while supporting Center for Victims. Make a team and encourage your friends, co-workers, family and anyone else you know to sign up with you to raise money for Center for Victims!
Annual Golf & Sporting Clays Event – Usually held in August at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa, this event attracts sponsors such as Trib Total Media, 84 Lumber, Margaret Hardy, Highmark, and Federated Investors; just to name a few. Over 180 golfers and 220 dinner guests participate each year. Click here for sponsorship opportunities.
Center for Victims’ annual events raise awareness, educate the public, and recognize individuals who are making a difference in the community. These events also raise much needed funds to support our prevention education and community outreach programs and initiatives. We believe that education and outreach play a very important role in ending violence. Therefore, we put a strong emphasis and focus on violence prevention programs that are designed to provide support and spread awareness of teen dating violence, healthy relationships, leadership and increased safety and respect in our schools and communities
Fundraisers organized by YOU are a unique and fun way to support Center for Victims. Center for Victims is fortunate to have been the beneficiary of many community events that individuals, businesses and groups have hosted and planned. If you would like to host your own event, please contact the development department at 412-482-3240.